How To Talk To Your Child About Mental Health
Support mental wellness in all children.
Feb 14, 22
Did you know 1 in 5 children has a mental illness—and less than half of those children get the treatment they need? It’s shocking; we know! But at Justice, we want to do something about it. So, we’re teaming up with On Our Sleeves—a movement for children’s mental health, powered by behavioral health experts at Nationwide Children’s Hospital—to support mental wellness in all children. We understand this is a difficult topic. So, let’s stop the stigma by talking about it with your child.
Here are some CONVERSATION STARTERS
1. What makes you angry?
2. How were you brave today?
3. Pick 3 words to describe yourself.
4. When you feel sad, what do you think about to make yourself happy again?
5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
And here are 5 ways you can BE A MENTAL WELLNESS ADVOCATE
1. Tell children they’re not alone.
2. Lend a listening ear to children.
3. Recognize the connection between physical and mental health.
4. Consider the words you use around children.
5. Find and share resources on mental wellness.
You can visit On Our Sleeves for free more resources on children’s mental health.
May 19, 22
Feb 14, 22